Emergency Dentistry Near You
Life is filled with crazy, unexpected moments; that’s why it’s important to be able to access emergency health care when accidents arise. The same goes for any oral health issues.
For more information about emergency dentistry in Mokena, contact our local dental practice! We offer 24-hour dental services to help remedy any problems that you may be facing.
What is Emergency Dentistry?
Emergency dentistry is a branch of dental care that focuses on getting your oral health back to normal by repairing any damage to your teeth, gums, and soft tissues inside your mouth as soon as possible. The sooner you seek treatment, the quicker you can get back to normal.
Many instances may require you to visit our emergency dental clinic near you for emergency care. They include, but are not limited to the following:
- A severe and persistent toothache.
- Inflamed or swollen gums.
- Oral bleeding.
- Your oral nerves have become exposed.
- There’s food/an object stuck between your teeth that you can’t remove.
- Your tooth has been knocked out.
- A loose or lost dental filling.
- Your dental crown has shifted out of place or is broken.
- Cracked or chipped teeth.
- An abscess or a cyst has developed around your tooth. An abscess is a gathering of pus caused by bacteria; a cyst is a sack of abnormal cells. These can form anywhere in the body.
- Trauma to your tongue, lips, or cheeks.
If you’re unsure whether you require emergency dentistry near you, it’s better to err on the side of caution and come in to see our emergency dentist near you. Be sure to tell them all the details about what happened so they can provide the best treatment for your case.
Ways to Avoid Dental Emergencies
With all that said, there are precautions you can take to preserve your oral hygiene and, by extension, avoid the need for emergency dentistry.
- Wear a mouth guard while playing sports, especially high-contact sports like football, hockey, and basketball.
- Avoid eating foods that are too hard and crunchy. Candy, ice, and popcorn kernels are just a few examples.
- Don’t use your teeth to cut things, that’s what scissors are for!
- Take vitamins every day. This helps your gums and teeth stay healthy.
- Brush and floss regularly! Arguably the easiest and simplest method on this list, practicing good oral hygiene habits will help you now and in the future.
- Attend dental cleanings and checkups
To learn more about emergency dentistry in Mokena, get in touch with us today!
Tips for Oral Health Emergencies
Even though we do what we can to say healthy, accidents happen. Here is a list of some helpful tips to follow if you find yourself facing a dental emergency:
- If your tooth’s been knocked out, without touching the root, place it back into your socket. If you act soon enough, the tooth can be replanted. If this isn’t possible, place it in a glass of milk and bring it with you to the dentist.
- Keep a cold cloth on your cheek to reduce swelling in your mouth and jaw.
- Use dental floss to try and remove any food that’s stuck between your teeth or along your gums. Be gentle and don’t use anything pointed.
- If your tooth is chipped or cracked, rinse with warm water to clean the site.
At Axion Dental, we offer emergency dentistry in Mokena to all those who need it. Our staff is ready and willing to assist you with the care your need. Come in and see us as soon as possible!